Unit Build Types

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kane 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kane
    Keymaster

The resulting mech is saved and have to combined with a unit squad. Unit squads are a collection of unit (creep) types, that are built in the automated factories. Factories that are conquered by the player will produce these selected units. Units are separated into following categories:

• Soldiers: Are unarmored units, that are cheap and accessible in the early game. The soldier specialization (anti-soldier, anti-tank, anti-mech) will determine strength and weaknesses. Soldiers are vulnerable to projectile weapons, but have a resistance to energy weapons.
    • Light Tanks: Are light armored vehicles, that are fast and good against soldiers.
    • Heavy Tanks: are heavy armored vehicles, that are slow but durable. They are effective against other vehicles. In groups they can as well be dangerous to mechs.

Units can be crafted as the equipment, resulting in more individual stats.

General Wolve
    Participant

I couldn’t understand the unity sqaud at one point. Are they controllable or do they have a AI-Controll?

Kane
    Keymaster

The squad will be AI controlled. They will simply follow your mech (or defend a position) and attack enemies in range.

Axe
    Participant

Are there only 3 creeps?

Axe
    Participant

I think more units as in a strategy game would be great!

phenox
    Participant

In DOTA like games there are only a few creep types! In my opinion this is enough, because the player have to concentrate on the other players, not on the creeps!

Kane
    Keymaster

Our concept differs from other MOBAs. The creeps are chosen by the players, while the mech build phase. You can balance disadvantages of your mech by using the right creep types. But this creeps will be build only by factories, that are conquered by the player. So there will be also team internal competition for conquering factories.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.